We were recently approached by a customer in Falmouth, ME who did not have enough room in their basement to accommodate their need for play and exercise space. After learning about our home improvement services on a recent visit to their home, they decided to contract with Rook Energy Solutions to expand their basement recreation space.
The job included:
- Removing an existing wall and framing a new wall to separate the space from the unfinished basement
- Relocating and reinstalling their central vacuum canister to the unfinished portion of the basement
- Framing out the ceiling to accept a new drywall ceiling
- Insulating the exterior basement walls with 2” blue board foam board
- Installation of electrical outlets to code
- Installation of four recessed lights in ceiling
- Installation of 1/2" drywall throughout, painted and trim to match existing (poplar)
- Carpet installation
- Addition of baseboard heat to the new space
Now there is plenty of room to stretch out and play.